[AMC-list] Oh, Well...'Twere a nice try and great wish!

[AMC-list] Oh, Well...'Twere a nice try and great wish!

Greetings Frank and all..
well...guess y'all know by the subject...didn't work...
the cable made no difference...
It was detached just to start this...(It has been 'unrun' since 1978)...so
didn't drive it anywhere quite yet...

Next is drain 'er and yank the valve body and check the servos.  Pretty
straight forward stuff and, best of all, 'easy' (that's sure as hell a
relative statement).

I guess I'll post the results when done...but I'm hoping.
I kind of think it's something rather simple..and I kind of suspect this
slippage in Reverse may be why Helen (the original owner) stopped driving it
(if she stopped driving it in '79 she was 'only' 70 years old.  Some folks
feel 'unsafe to drive' when they get older...my '67s owner stopped driving at
30,000 miles but she was 91!).  Either Helen thought she wasn't quite safe on
the highway due to 'foibles of age' or...'foibles of Rambler'...  If this
trans isn't 'stuck' from sitting, then it's the latter..  That clearly means
it's 'surgery' time...

Jj