Re: [AMC-list] Backing up a bit (punny, huh?)

If you haven't driven it much without the cable you'll be okay, but you better check the rear band adjustment. If it wasn't slipping in third it should be okay, but it doesn't take much driving to burn the rear band up. You might not realize it's slipping a little in third, but just a little is enough to glaze the band lining and burn up the drum. Of course I drove mine two hours on the interstate at 60-70 two ways (four hours total), so the drum got burned too (on the way back). Plus four hours of rural driving (two each way).
----------
Date: 24 Jul 2009 17:18:17 -0000
From: jerijan@xxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings,
*DING*!  I disconnected the throttle cable and other linkages as the carb 'was
seized'.  Got 'em loose but did NOT reconnect the throttle cable to the trans
(DUH!) as the clevis pin wants to be loosened...I've PBBlaster on it, but I
need to put it back on...THEN see about reverse...
I suspect I may sing a different tune ten minutes from now...we'll see...
Be Right Back...

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts