Re: [AMC-list] 66 Classic

If you're just looking for something that looks correct, but doesn't have to be an exact match most local shops are your best choice, dollar for dollar.
  My brother had his Marlin done at a local shop about 10 years ago.
They made the covers using his for patterns and my brother installed them.
They are gorgeous, the material sections while not "correct" in pattern are a period weave that has the same high end brocade leafy pattern and the vinyl is a marine grade as it was the only teal they could get that matched. You would not know these covers are not correct unless you know... At that time, IIRC, he spent $450 for split fronts and the rear in a 66 Marlin.

No one makes a ready to install cover that is correct.
Autocraft makes or made covers that work and do hold help pretty well, but are not original in appearance at all.

I'd not skimp on the interior, I have Autokraft covers in tweed, circa 1999ish.
They fit well and are holding up fine for my limited use, but I would like to get them redone soon.
They just don't have the look of a truly "good" cover. I don't know if Autokraft still exists, they sell through J.C. Whitney. I suggest you contact them direct if going that way and they are still in business. They are very good to work with and offer a lot more in options direct than you can get from J.C. Whitney.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.