[AMC-list] AMC & Rambler Plastic Models For Sale

[AMC-list] AMC & Rambler Plastic Models For Sale

I've come to the realization that I'm not going to build my collection of un-built plastic models. Even if I did, I really don't have a place to adequately display them. Some are quite hard to come by now, some aren't. I searched the internet to see what others are asking, and think I have them fairly priced, but I am open to offers. Add $7 each for shipping via US mail, or $10.35 for shipping in a Priority Mail flat rate box.

Thought I'd give the list a chance first. In a few days I'll post to some other AMC sites, so drop me an e-mail if you're interested!

------------
62 Rambler Classic four door. Made by Premier Products Company, Brooklyn, NY. Kit #280-89. Late 50s/early 60s (pre zip code). Approximately 1/20 scale (slightly smaller than 1/25) glue kit molded in a dark rose color. No opening hood/engine, display model. Original box and instruction sheet. I hate to say "it's rare", but it's the only one I've ever seen. Asking $30.

62 Rambler Classic. Jo-Han CS-506 Taxi snap kit. Molded in yellow. No opening hood or engine. This is the 62 Classic Promo re-worked as a taxi kit. I have tow, one un-built in the original Jo-Han box with instructions, the other assembled with a broken rear axle. The axle is an easy fix -- tires and wheels are all there. Old plastic axle needs drilling out of the wheels and body. Or maybe glue them on. Un-built kit - asking $60 (have seen asking prices of $75!). Built kit - asking $30.

63 Rambler American Convertible. Palmer brand, approximately 1/20 scale (slightly smaller than 1/25) glue kit with engine. Body is molded in white, engine etc. in black. It's a late 50s/early 60s (pre zip code) model. In a Jo-Han 63 American Customizing Kit box that has the Jo-Han instruction sheet in it as well as the customizing pieces from the Jo-Han kit. All parts for the Palmer kit are there as well as the instruction sheet. This is a very rare model! I'm asking $60. The Jo-Han instruction sheet and box alone sell for $20-$30.

61-63 Rambler American Convertible. AMT "Slammers" series "Ram Blur" kit. Customized snap kit in shrink wrap. If you want a near stock car this is NOT it. No opening hood, has snap-in blower w/scoop on the hood. Not a bad kit for what it is. Here's one on e-bay, but mine is unopened of course. Item number: 110414659636. Asking $15.

66 Marlin. Jo-Han "USA Oldies" C-3666. I have two of these. One is new in shrink wrap, purchased from Jo-Han distributor in the early 80s. This is a later release, but otherwise the same as this one on e-bay now, Item number: 230356739251. The other is the same C-3666 but has been opened. The engine is assembled but not painted. Everything else is untouched, still on the plastic struts. Molded in a teal color plastic. Of course I have no idea what the shrink-wrapped model is molded in. It's most likely teal also, that's the color my built kit is in. Asking $75 for the shrink-wrapped kit, $50 for the other one. I've seen these sell for over $100 in shrink wrap.

69 Pro Street Rambler. Testors Model Master kit #7404, released in the mid 90s. I bought two to save. As I recall these are a re-work/re-release of the old Jo-Han SC/Rambler. The instruction sheet actually says "SC/Rambler" instead of "Pro Street Rambler". Can be built as a stock SC/Rambler. Comes with two sets of wheels/tires, one stock and one wider custom. Asking $30 each.

69 AMX. Jo-Han "USA Oldies" C-4369. New in shrink wrap. Purchased from Jo-Han distributor in the early 80s. There's one on e-bay now, Item number: 390068224244. Asking $60.

70 Rebel Machine. Jo-Han "USA Oldies" C-2670. New in shrink wrap. Purchased from Jo-Han distributor in the early 80s. There's one on e-bay now, Item number: 140332885361. Asking $50.

63 Classic. Franklin Mint 1/43 four door in tan/black. #B11RT31. Die-cast, not a kit. Same as this one on e-bay: Item number: 170359184032. Asking $40.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts