Re: [AMC-list] MOTOR WENT BYE BYE!!!!

just got the head popped off. cylinders look great still. no evidence of a
broken ring that i can see. all pistons move up and down. turned motor over
by hand (turns real free) and AHH HAAA!!! #6 rod cap has come loose. not off,
just loose. probably destryed the bearing. hopefully no damage to crank or rod
so i can get new bearings and put in. i hope to find new rings also so i can
go ahead and stick new rings in while im at it. wouldnt hurt while i have the
rods loose for new bearings. i think maybe i was just intime before any
serious damage was done. and i think my smoke was coming from cyl #'s 2 and
5. looks like the head gasket was alowing it to suck oil past. i hope thats
all it was. didnt see no visible cracks i the head. needs lots of cleaning.
lots of oil deposit on those 2 pistons and chambers. hopefully things will be
ok. dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules