Re: [AMC-list] T176

I picked up a 304/176/300 combo from a CJ and was wondering about a V8
conversion in my 85 J10 currently with 258 and 176. I also have a spare 360 and
so am debating which V8 would be the better choice. Poor old truck now has
trouble with 10mph headwinds and too many hills call for 3rd gear. Seems to
spend a lot of time at almost full throttle just trying to keep up with the
traffic and evidence shows blowby with too much oil in the aircleaner.
304 has a 'Z' in the valve cover tag (104Z16) - is this a 401 tag or did AMC use
the 'Z' on later 304 tags? I was expecting an 'H'. Block casting 3195527 - carb
tag 0DM2J - B 9K 8 so I suspect it is a 1980 or 1981 setup.

Ken