Re: [AMC-list] AMC V-8 in Jeeps

Thanks for the information Greg and Jim.
I went to the pull a part yard this morning, and was pretty disappointed at
first. I was told over the phone that
the GW was a 1990 5.9L model. When I arrived and looked at their list of
vehicles it said the Grand Waggie was a 1985.
I figured it was a fat chance that an 85 had the sanden compressor.
I paid the 2 bucks to get in and walked the lot hoping that some how it
wasn't an 85 but really a 90 or something. I found the
Waggie and was further disappointed to see the hood up and the engine
gone...........crap no brackets under the hood. I was mulling over the quote
from the guy on the phone, "We don't get much call for Jeep a/c compressors,
and this one hasn't been on the lot long."
 I was pretty down trodden about then, when I thought to look inside the
Jeep and see what was there, low and behold there was the brackets I was
looking for and all I had to do was unbolt the junk sanden compressor from
the bracket and un-bolt the alternator from that bracket. I grabbed every
bracket that was in the Waggie. The spacers and some of the bolts were no
were to be found. But I figured I may have the spacers and bolts at home
from my 76 401 Waggie, or the 79 304 or I could make some from the spacers
from those two engines.
Now I need to figure out a way to get the Motorola alternator to fit into
this idea some how. I'd really like to keep the Motorola. I also have a
fresh 55 amp Motorola to use with the A/C. Or there's a guy on Ebay that
converts Motorola's to 135 amp alternators too, if a 55 isn't enough.

I was wondering if I need pulleys and a water pump from a 72 or later V-8 to
make all this work. I believe the 70 V-8s have a different pulley location.
I have the pulleys off the 76 401 and the 79 304, so maybe that will do.
I'll probably need a water pump from a 72 or newer V-8 too.

One more thing. If anybody can scan the page out of an 85 or newer TSM with
the exploded view of the brackets for the A/C compressor and Alternator and
send it too me I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks again everyone,

Armand