Re: [AMC-list] AMC V-8 in Jeeps

The 304 was only an option '71 to '73 in the FSJs. 360s were ordered more often because back then who cared about fuel economy? That's what the 6 cyl was for! (230 OHC, then 232 til '71 when the 258 came out) The CJ7/8 were the last to get the 304 @ '86. AFAIK, the YJ didn't come V8. (I admit not knowing as much about the bobtails)
   Beware '93 Grand Wagoneers! They are really ZJs with woodgrain and Dodge (or 4.0L ) drivetrain. There were 114 (IIRC) documented '92 GWs made to fill final orders and they all came with the dashplate except the stripped down export models.

From: Greg Taylor
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] AMC V-8 in Jeeps
To: Rambler Nash Jeep and familyAMC

1991 was the last year for the Grand Wagoneer AND? the AMC 360 V8 ... so YES, that's an AMC 360.? I think the 304's last year in a Jeep was earlier in the 1980's.? Jim Blair can probably answer that more definitively.

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor :) <><
Rochester Hills, MI
1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer "TRMN8R2"