Re: [AMC-list] Front Suspension Coil Springs: How to Determine If Bad

Re: [AMC-list] Front Suspension Coil Springs: How to Determine If Bad

I don't know if this is "correct" but the center of the lower ball joint and
the lower arm inner pivot should be parallel to the ground. When springs sag
the chassis sinks to the ground and the lower arm pivot drops below
parallel.

The arm itself is curved of course so look at the pivot points.

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 09:03, John C. Hughes <jchughes48114@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
> Thanks to all that responded to my alignment questions. I got some good
> leads. Here's another:
>
> How can one determine if the front coil springs are weak on a 70 AMX?
>
> I remember on GM A-bodies (sorry) that there was a X-Y measurement. If the
> measurement was out of the spec, then the springs were weak and needed to be
> replaced. Is there a way to measure that on AMC's? The TSM has no technique.
>
> Thanks Again, John H.

All of your arguments are invalid.
Enjoy your unstable system.