Re: [AMC-list] almost OT: small trucks

A/C can help save you in other situations. I'm not saying who, and I'm
not saying when - but I know someone that had two kids in the back of
his Mazda 323P (for pedestrian or peon - read stripped!). He might
have been coming back from Connecticut driving route 84 towards the
Newburgh-Beacon bridge York - knowing he was tired, hot and thirsty.
He (not saying who) did not stop for a break or to get some caffeine
as his pockets were completely devoid of change.

Fell asleep on an Interstate. Hit a guardrail. Falling asleep just a
few seconds earlier or later could have meant serious injury or death
to father and sons. Especially as there were six or so big, heavy IBM
PCs in the car, ready to act as missiles.

That person now runs A/C in hot weather (except the new old car
doesn't have it), and stops OFTEN for breaks to walk, grab a diet coke
or cuppa joe before hitting the road again. A/C is a good thing! So
are good seat belts and plain dumb luck - or something we might not
name on a forum.

That unnamed person can do without power steering or power brakes, but
he's definately considering A/C at some point. Or at least maybe a
snazzy place to store a cooler full of ice and a couple cans of
caffeinated goodness.