Re: [AMC-list] almost OT: small trucks

" From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 10:42, Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"
" > As far as stripped down, how stripped do you want it?  Go to the GM website
" > for instance and look at the base level Chevy Colorado pickup.  I believe it
" > will have rubber floor mats and will be all one color inside with vinyl
" > seats.  Think CalTrans truck.
"
"
" Hell, I want my CARS like that!

meee tooo!!!

" If I were to buy a Tata (fat chance) it would be the bottom line stripper.
" Not even an outside mirror! Why do anything half way? I'm morally opposed to
" power steering and power brakes, and increasingly, to automatic
" transmissions, though I do like A/C I admit on long trips.

yup; fewer gizmos, fewer things to break.

the place a/c will really save your life is the defroster/defogger.
-dry- air to clear the windshield does make a difference!  and with
rotary compressors it's now behind instead of before p/s in the lineup
of mileage drags.

" Even if the Tata were to double in price, you could pay cash and carry it in
" the trunk as a spare.

btw the nano they're going export with will be a completely different
car from the india-domestic one, almost twice as heavy.