Re: [AMC-list] almost OT: small trucks

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 10:42, Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would think that the what, $2.00/hour wage rate?  in India would make the
> greatest difference in price between U.S. built and India built truck.

Well, there is that. Unfortunately something like that seems to be the new
corporate model for the US. You don't really need healthcare either! Oh
wait, Indians have that. Sorry, just grousing, I don't mean to start a war
over this crap, I'm as annoyed as everyone here. Next subject... !

 As far as stripped down, how stripped do you want it?  Go to the GM website
> for instance and look at the base level Chevy Colorado pickup.  I believe it
> will have rubber floor mats and will be all one color inside with vinyl
> seats.  Think CalTrans truck.

Hell, I want my CARS like that!

If I were to buy a Tata (fat chance) it would be the bottom line stripper.
Not even an outside mirror! Why do anything half way? I'm morally opposed to
power steering and power brakes, and increasingly, to automatic
transmissions, though I do like A/C I admit on long trips.

Even the NY Times reviewer wrote that some thing wasn't necessary "in the
unlikely event of high speeds". 65mph tops.

Even if the Tata were to double in price, you could pay cash and carry it in
the trunk as a spare.

No one laughs at VW Beetles anymore.