Re: [AMC-list] overdrive issues

well, overdrive is good. transmission WAS good, (if i can get it put back
together right) popped off the rear diff cover tonight. i got a little extra
play in the r&p gears. not sure how that woulda been somewhat sudden but yet
gradual. noise started and only got worse over about 150 miles or so. no bad
wear on the gears, no metal chunks in the bottom. just a little extra play.
so  now, i gotta read my tsm and see how thats suposed to be adjusted.
probably with shims that i dont have. that will be great. one of the few
things i cant do very well is setting rearend lash. also, i noticed my spider
gears in the middle, seem to have a little bit (barely noticeable) of play on
the pin. can anyone tell me if that is ok or is my whole diff going bad? dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules