Re: [AMC-list] overdrive issues

GRRR!!!! i decided to go ahead and yank the o/d out tonight. could NOT get the
pin out of the lock out lever, so the main shaft of the trans came with it.
so, now i gotta pull the trans out also to put it all back together. FINALLY
(with the help of the torch to heat it up) got the retaining pin out, and got
the lock out out so i could disassemble the o/d. all gears look brand new. not
a bit of rust inside. as i said, the car it came out of had just over 15,000
miles. id dont even look like it had ever been used inside. bearings are all
smooth, and all gears look like new. so, trans gets looked over real good
while its apart. check all bearings and gears real closely. i got the rearend
pulled all the way out, so off will come its cover and look at the rear gears
and bearings again closely. i HOPE it aint my rear gears. i dont have another
set of 3.77 gears. i dont think. i think the other rearend gears are 4.11. and
i HATE setting up rearends anyway. dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules