[AMC-list] Playboy AMX query

I'm a tad confused and hoping someone can straighten me out.
Angela Dorian (actually Victoria Vetri) was Playboy Playmate of the Year
1968 (announced in the May 1968 issue), based on her September 1967
pictorial.
Figuring the May '68 issue was published back around March '68 and that the
voting was likely handled between December '67 and January '68, her 290 AMX
could certainly be special ordered well enough in advance to be rushed
through production and photographed with her in time to make the March
publication...where she is shown sitting on the fender.
http://www.timelessrides.com/files/pink-amx-ad.jpg
But I've read online that prior to her car being built, publicity shots of
Angela with the car were needed quick (for AMC's needs, not Playboy's), so a
white 390 AMX in California was temporarily painted with 'peel-off' pink
paint and she was shot with that car.
http://legendarycollectorcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/amx4-small.jpg

Both pics have the car sporting a quarter panel engine callout.
1: Did the 290 AMXs have such a badge or are one or both of these cars 390s?

I'm often told '68 AMXs had no headrests, while '69s did...yet that same
color photo shows headrests in a magazine published around March 1968.
2: Were headrests optional for 1968 AMXs?

Basically, I'm wondering just what did Ms. Vetri actually receive? Either or
neither of the pictured cars? Has anyone gotten a photo of it after she
painted it...or even more recently?

Thanks for your thoughts.

John