Re: [AMC-list] overdrive issues

ok, one more round. i got the transmission out. im pretty sure i have the
problem found. my input bearing race is very sloppy in the case. so sloopy,
it wabbles the input shaft around, and will spin in the case. bearing is not
rough, or tight or anything. feels good, just very loose in the case. for
some strange reason. spinning it by hand, i can tip the shaft around, and
feel it start vibrating on the cluster gears. so, now i guess, can i run my
used input shaft/gear from the original trans in this one? i know rear end
gears are bad juju to mix together. what about trans input shaft gears? or am
i better off just swapping the bearing? ideal would be to get a new bearing,
but right now, things are tight and i cant afford to just run to town and
order one and all. dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules