Date: 22 Jun 2009 04:41:52 -0000
From: das24rules@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AMC-list] overdrive issues

i have a small at the moment, but i think soon to be BIG issue with my
overdrive. well, i think its from the overdrive. started out just fine,
lastnight it started to howl a little. is anyone making rebuild stuff for these old o/d? how hard are they to
rebuild. there is a section in my tsm that goes over it, but anyone have
experience rebuilding it? im thinking it has a bearing going out. what about
this other o/d i have on a another transmission? i forget if it is a t89 or
85. have to go look. i was told that o/d and trans both were rebuilt and
never installed. i just have them sitting on a shelf in my shop. can it be
swapped onto the t96 without a lot of hassle?
--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts