[AMC-list] overdrive issues

i have a small at the moment, but i think soon to be BIG issue with my
overdrive. well, i think its from the overdrive. started out just fine,
lastnight it started to howl a little. i had filled it and the tranny up with
oil before i put them in the car. so i checked it, a little bit low, but not
bad, topped it off lastnight. today, it started getting REALLY loud at part
throttle. like just maintaining speed. not as loud while out of o/d, but REAL
loud while in. almost goes away while coasting, and is just slight under
acceleration. im pretty sure it is the od, but not 100%. got home, and felt trans, o/d and rear. none are HOT. just warm, but the o/d is warmer than the
rest. i can hold my hand it without burning, so it isnt horible. probably no
more than 120*. i pulled the cap off the trans to look at it when i pulled it
out of the donor car. looked good, other than the old oil. no where i could
find to inspect the o/d. draind oil in both, filled with fresh and installed.
is anyone making rebuild stuff for these old o/d? how hard are they to
rebuild. there is a section in my tsm that goes over it, but anyone have
experience rebuilding it? im thinking it has a bearing going out. what about
this other o/d i have on a another transmission? i forget if it is a t89 or
85. have to go look. i was told that o/d and trans both were rebuilt and
never installed. i just have them sitting on a shelf in my shop. can it be
swapped onto the t96 without a lot of hassle? _______________________________________________