Re: [AMC-list] Snuck out for a Rambler ride

Re: [AMC-list] Snuck out for a Rambler ride

How is that "bad"? It's not like you're shirking duties or hurting anyone.
It's good to enjoy yourself when you can!

Pick pick pick pick the nits on your car and it'll get good and solid.
Sounds like you're mostly over the hump -- you can get in it and drive!
Personally, I zero in on those things that constantly nag and/or may cause
side-of-the-road work, first.

Bad alignment will eat tires. But of course it might mean trunnion ball
joint, etc work... $$$ ... but once done will last a decade! But it eats 'em
slowly enough for a lot of 10 mile drives, so enjoy it in the mean time!

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 13:53, Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I was a BAD DAD today. We had a visitor over, that kind of reminds of
> the SNL Church Lady. I checked on my son, he was fine - so went out
> for groceries. The grocery trip involved going the wrong way on a
> local 4 lane road - taking a short jaunt for about 10 miles, turning
> around - getting groceries and heading back home.
>
> I know - it's not a long ride. But it felt good hanging my arm over
> the bench seat and blowing off a little carbon.The car reminded me it
> needs an alignment. Other than that - the temp stayed cool and the car
> ran well. Maybe I'll take care of the front end, fix an exhaust leak
> and take a little longer spin.

All of your arguments are invalid.
Enjoy your unstable system.