Re: [AMC-list] Sealing an M-3X BW tranny

Re: [AMC-list] Sealing an M-3X BW tranny

This was just covered in thread on one of them thar forums...

Said that it is recomended the borqs be checked running in neutral that it gives better, more accurate reading.
The thread also said once the tranny was fully hot and had been run, checking in park would give a very similar reading.

Joe, I know on the Chrysler tranny the shifter seals require dropping the valve body.
I would suspect that you could do the seals yourself and taking care to not lose anything.
especially if you have the TSM.  The only issue may be if the band or bands need adjustment after pulling the valve body.
At that point you need to have a pretty good "feel" for getting that right or there could be problems.

That is what I would look to see, if it can be done without readjusting the bands I would do it myself.
If the bands need adjusting I would seek professional help.

I can't recall, is the shop Tom used to have his classic tranny redone recently anywhere near you?
It might be worthwhile just to have it gone through and be done with it for the next 300,000 miles or so.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.