[Amc-list] Trunnions for Tom Jennings

Sorry to have to send this through the list.

Tom, I left your email addy at work.  The trunnion cap with the grease
fitting just falls off the trunnion.  I put the cap on the other side and
the threads are tight.  It appears that the shaft of the trunnion has
worn down, probably due to improper installation wihen the PO redid the
bushings.  They are cracked now but they sure as heck are not original.
Pics are at

The cap on the left is snug on the threads and the one on the right is
loose as a goose.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/Superglider/69%20Ambo/P1010193.jpg

You can see a visible difference between the good side (left) and the
side where the cap will not stay on
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/Superglider/69%20Ambo/P1010192.jpg

Guess I can kiss this one goodbye eh?  BTW, where can I get replacement
grease seals?

Thanks

Wayne
Wayne & Lisa (Skeezix), Bolton Landing, NY,
http://www.superglider.thinkhost.com/
AMO#8454,  82 SX/4, 258 auto
69 Ambo coupe, 401, M12, 66 Ambo 990 Wagon, 327,PW,PB,PS,posi,AM/FM,AC
2003 FLHTCI, 2000 WJ Limited
2001 Cherokee, 2002 STS Northstar