[Amc-list] date code stamping for al 196

[Amc-list] date code stamping for al 196

joe, thanks for the photos of where yours is. i will look on mine. it may just be covered in junk.

i thought i had gone over this last nov when i pulled caspers motor about the crank butt... the early volcano wont work with the 63 later torque converter. casper has the volcano crank. flywheel sits over it. torque converter needs the flat mount to reach the flex plate. needs to sit almost completely up against bolt surface of the crank. i have 2 pre 63 cranks. the pilots are also bigger for the post 63, well, auto anyway, i understand from what i have read that post 63 manuals are the same size pilot as the auto. would make sense to me... just one pilot to use. (rambler mentality even at the top???? lol)

dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules