Re: [Amc-list] date code stamping for al 196

Ah sooo.... forgot about the crank!! Well, you can use an early stick shift crank with a later model trans though. The early stick shift is flat butted too. Not sure if you'd have to change the pilot bushing or not though, but that's easy enough -- if you just happen to find an early stick crank.

--------
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:04:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>

> >!?!?!?! which early block difference is there to worry about?! Is this
> >the volcano vs. flat crank butt biz?

exactly. my luck is funny. ya, ill be lucky to get the motor freed up and running without much money invested, just time, but my luck will SUCK in that it will have the volcano butt, so i still need to tear the crank out, and find a 63 later crank to be able to use it in the american.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"