[Amc-list] Anyone want a tank of bad gas? Free? Bring syphon!

[Amc-list] Anyone want a tank of bad gas? Free? Bring syphon!

tom and myself had this same issue working on 2 years ago i think. if your car sat for a couple months, that gas could have done it. the gas now, has so much CRAP in it, it evapurates so fast, and leaves a nasty amber looking crap. take a clear bottle, or cup, put a little gas in it and leave it for just a few days. turns nasty amber like a medium beer.... nasty. i now make it a point of draining my fuel tanks when i have a car sitting for very long. caspers tank got pumped dry last fall when i parked her for the winter. my other rigs all have empty tanks also. but, you weigh the pros-cons. empty tank, condensation, full tank, tank full of varnish crap, meaning sticking valves, causing bent pushrods, and in my case on my 65 287, EXPLODED hydraulic lifters.... take y our pick what you wanna deal with. either the car sat for a while and allowed that fuel to evapurate a little, and make the varnish, or the "cheapy station" had a tank of old fuel. and
 possibly picking up some from the old stuff in the fuel system. all i can say is HAVE FUN, and take it real easy. i also run seafoam when my rigs have been sitting for a little while. seems to work great for me. just dump a can in the tank.

dave stohler
my rambler pics@
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules