[Amc-list] date code stamping for al 196

[Amc-list] date code stamping for al 196

does anyone have any idea where to find the date code for the aluminum block 196? i am not seeing it in the same place as the ci block.... would LOVE to find out that this is also an early block so it WONT fit my 63 american.... if it is the wrong crank, i will be on the look out for some bearings, and crank to fit the 63 torque converter.... i know it will be my luck that it wont work....

dave stohler
my rambler pics@
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules