Re: [Amc-list] AMC-List 76 Hornet distributor, Duraspark Fords, etc....

Re: [Amc-list] AMC-List 76 Hornet distributor, Duraspark Fords, etc....

"The distributor doesn't care; engine tune does. Ported spark reduces
emissions at idle, slightly. It can, for some setups, cause the engine
to run hot at low speeds (late timing so all the fuel_air energy goes
out the exhaust). If it's not doing anything bad now, just leave it."

My 304 Spirit didn't like manifold vacuum at idle - had a little misfire. Using
ported vacuum for idle smoothed it out. 'Course I have a bit more initial
advance than stock also.

Ken