Re: [Amc-list] 76 Hornet Pertronix distributor - vac advance dead; fix,

Re: [Amc-list] 76 Hornet Pertronix distributor - vac advance dead; fix, or replace the whole POS ?

" From: Wrambler <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I know on my Motorcaft conversion I removed the resisitor wire from
" the original harness to feed the electronic box and coil full 12V.

my understanding of the svc mans -
duraspark 1 did not have a resistor
ds2 did, same as a points system
	box always gets 12v
	coil gets 12v for starting, through the resistor running

this would make hei the easier swap for amc sixes up to '67, which
don't have ballasts, and ds2 the easier for '68-up, which do.

as i said, i don't know about the tfi setup.  i assumed that if it's
basically the same box and all as ds2, just a different coil, that it
would have a ballast too.