Re: [Amc-list] Concord engine question

Say what?
Looking at your reply Brien it looks like you are saying nah to using the 91-95 4.0L for the swap?

Since those are my preference years for 4.0L swaps I would like to know why you say nah?

Those years of the OBD efi are most swappable, easiest to do and wire, less sensors and hoops to get workign than a 96 up OBD II system.  The 91-95 is what Chrysler based the swap harness and efi on. I have a 91 Wrangler system in my Americand it has been performing flawlessly since install.

Some tips I would suggest that be followed are swap to the concords oilpan.
Do not use a Jeep pan in the car!
Use the Jeeps accesory drive in total if at all possible, don't mix and match.
Adavnce Adapters has a CPS relocator that is somewhat less expensive and easier to egt replacement sensors for than hescos.
Or, that real ticket would be if a 2wd, Jeep Cherokee of Comanche could be found for the donor. Then he could swap the AX15 in complete, saving the cost of the cps relocator. The AX15 is also tougher than the early T5, has a slighty better first gear ratio of 3.8-1 over the 4-1 of the T5.  I know he is looking to keep costs low, so that is the route I would look to follow.

Things I can think of off the top of my head.
Car oilpan.
95 Jeep Grand Cherokee High pressure P/S hose is a bolt on.
I'd look for a 2wd Grand Cherokee or Cherokee for the swap 91-95.
Not likely to find it but a 91 Comanche with 2wd, and 4.0L 5 speed is the closest to having it all.
Well, the really perfetc one would be a 93 Grand Cherokee 2wd with a 5speed, yeah, not going to find that in his area.

Now, he can also just get any good 4.0L, 87-99. swap the oilpan, install all the accesories from the Concords 258 onto it use the concords carb intake and the 4.0Ls exhaust and install it.  The biggest issue to this being a bolt up is he will need to fool around getting the carb intake aligned to 4.0L head. I did it, so it can be done!. He will need to have a new exhaust front pipe made as the Concord exhaust manifold will not bolt up, so that is out. The 91-99 exhaust will work in the Concord. any exhaust shop can hook it to the Concord stock exhaust.
Even with the smaller cu-in of the 4.0L, 242 V 258. The improved head design and big bore will still run better than the 258 IMHO.
Comparing stock verses stock.

enough rambling for now.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508