[Amc-list] Roller Cam Six

I know that Brien sent the copy of the contact info for the last guy who spec'd stuff for the Strokers group.

The Strokers forum has not responded much from the "old guys" I guess I should try and email to that actual group.

I'm in for a core, if we can work out a retrofit hydraulic and I believe that rests on resurrecting the AMC V8s roller hydraulics.

Still not sure it will all fit down in there...

Bummer.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5

--

Cheer up dude.....It all good...

Right at the end of the Strokers List involvement -
one person had actually secured a pair of Crane Hydraulic
Roller Lifters - modified the link bar - and slipped in
the Roller Bodies .

No grinding - no blasting holes in the block - it fits.

The modified link bar stayed in place - would only release
from should the lifter be beyond it's normal
range height - meaning - being removed - otherwise it stayed in place.

The guy had plans for a link bar production run - so we should
find him.

What I didn't catch and needs to be confirmed:

The Bleed Down Hole locations :

If a stock V8 Hydraulic lifter is THE SAME ITEM used in the I-6 4.0
than suffice to say it's 'proofed' for a Hyd. Roller Lifter.

That being the case - you need a Roto-Faze rough billet for your
particular 4.0 - as snouts are different for different years etc.

Joe spec'd out a number of 258 / 4.0 cams sent to him over the course.

He knows what is ".. got them Mad Skills 'n Street Creds.

So yeah, it fits.

milnersXcoupe
1981 series50