[Amc-list] intake manifold water

I didn't follow the thread on the water through the intake manifold question too close, so maybe this is off base, but anyways....
My 65, 68 and 72 never had water going through the intake, and when I got my 83 I recognized the "improvement" that AMC did back then.
In my quest to clean up the engine bay and prepare to remove that silly serpentine belt I routed the heater hoses ala 1970, since that was the pulley set up I was going to anyways. It made absolutely no diff in the way the car acted, and this was in Feb. In fact it removed several potential leak spots and gave me more room in the bay.
All that snake stuff came out real nice, the 1970 232 pump and pulley set up went in nicely and I put on a nice Edelbrock intake with hand choke. And it runs so much nicer. Took the computer out, too.
KISS......Russ