From: Armand Eshleman <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] hey big spender, spend a little time with me
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 8:49 PM

Well,

I've been searching and thinking and looking and researching, and I finally
walked around my (R)ambler (M)entality today.

I bought an MSD 8523 Ready to run billet distributor, and a set of MSD plug
wires for the AMC V-8, part number
35859. The wires are the 8.5 mm thick that have right angle boots off the
distributor so that the hold down plate can be
placed over the wires to retain them.

I'm looking locally for a used 6AL box from some of the racers. Not really
sure if I want to go that route, but the new
6AL 2 box is not in the budget just yet. The old 6AL box is analog and the
6AL 2 box is all digital. Regardless the nice
part is the 8523 doesn't need a box at all, just a coil. So I suppose I
better start deciding which coil to use, probably will be
an MSD blaster coil if I can't find a 6AL box.

I'm also thinking of going with some type of plug wire covers, you know
like
the braided ones that you see on aircraft or race cars, just to protect the
wires from the heat off the headers.

More projects,  --- need to finalize that AFB and get it ready to go so I
can put it on top of the performer intake.

Next I should be looking for a cam to stuff into the little 304. Or maybe
I'll just use the cam I took out of the 79 304 and put in some new lifters.
what the heck if it doesn't work I can always try something else.

Oh, S#^T my RM came back real quick didn't it..........

Armand