Re: [Amc-list] need help and knowledge

I think the key here is NHRA stock.  With a 290 you're going to be running 14 or 15 second quarter miles.  I think all you need is a helmet and a catch can for the cooling system.  If your other systems in the car are sound (no fuel leaks, and no severe oil leaks) you should be able to run in a stock class at any dragstrip.  But I'm not a drag racer.  I just know some guys who have raced for years.  I'm sure if you google NHRA you can find a good reference to the rulebook.

Joe Fulton