[Amc-list] Armand & Martin answers

Armand, I think some of the early 401 cars used the LH TwinGrip.
If I remember correctly AMC cheaped out on the TG in the early 70's (I'd have
to check my 67-73 Parts books to be sure of the date) I only own 1970 TG
units, have no expertise on the later ones. Most of the FSJ's used Dana 44's
early on. The ones that used the 20 did have thicker (stronger) axle tubes.
The next one I build will have a FSJ housing.
 AMC called their limited slip Twin Grip in cars. Power lok in some Jeeps.
TracLoc is 68 and newer Ford 9".
If you can't find a steel try a 4wd parts place (buy a copy of Jp magazine
there are tons of AMC20 stuff available even Detroit Lockers). I have heard
Mopar 8 3/4" clutches and steels are the same but, have never tried them
myself.
Martin, Jeff Lee is from ARIZONA, his car was a legal NHRA E/Stocker, had iron
intake, Motorcraft carb , 9" tires etc. Ran 10.60's. Now is a SS/H Looking for
high 9's.
Good luck with your projects guys, if I can help just ask.

amxron
70 AMX
70 Hornet
78 FSJ Wagoneer