Re: [Amc-list] How to clean Rebel door panels and glue areas peeled back

Re: [Amc-list] How to clean Rebel door panels and glue areas peeled back

For the steel parts you can find 1967 Paint chip charts and PPG paint codes at www.autocolorlibrary.com.  You can either order matching paint from the site or go to www.towerpaint.com and get the lacquer which is what AMC used in 1967 on the interior steel parts.  From the tower paint site you can get lacquer in spray cans.  It's not cheap but is is available.

For vinyl, the SEM line of vinyl dyes is available. You can take a door panel to an automotive paint jobber (sells to body shops) he should be able to get a close match from the extensive dye chip charts which are available.  He may be able to supply the matching dye in spray cans.

I have used 3M spray upholstery cement with good results for repairing vinyl interior pieces.  Any good automotive vinyl cleaner should work well on you old vinyl, but I'd try it on a concealed location first just to be safe.

Good luck,
Joe Fulton