Re: [Amc-list] [BaadAssGremlins] Re: a few more dealerships

Re: [Amc-list] [BaadAssGremlins] Re: a few more dealerships

I was reading something about Saab last night (or the day before) and
they're likely to be okay at least through 2009. It sounds like Sweden
is pretty keen on keeping them (and Volvo) around and the article I read
quoted one of the Saab guys as saying they have had recent interest from
investors.

Pontiac (and Saturn to a certain extent) is pretty much suffering the
same fate Olds did. There wasn't enough product differentiation for
people to spend more on them than another comparable GM (or other
manufacturer) car. In Olds's case, they mostly competed against Buick
and Buick had more sales so Olds was given the ax. Also, introducing
something like the Aztek and how they botched the GTO re-introduction
builds a pretty good case for how mis-managed they were.

Matt

On 2/21/2009 1:00 PM, Victor the Cleaner spouted this sage advice:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 11:48:12AM -0600, Eddie Stakes wrote:
>> This morning I work up hearing Pontiac is been given the axe. Sure is
>> getting crowded on the old 'orphan car show' field now with Olds, Plymouth
>> and now Ponchos joining us AMCers, chances are Saturn, Saab, and others will
>
> I wouldn't write Saab off quite yet - if GM can't find a buyer,
> it wouldn't surprise me at all if Sweden nationalized the company.
>
> jl

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com