Re: [Amc-list] a few more dealerships

Jeff,
  I see you mention Affton as Disalvo (my receipt for my purchase of a 69
SC/Rambler from them on 3-19-69 shows it as Di Salvo's) and the address
was 7701 Manchester Ave., Maplewood, Missouri, not Affton. Any
explanation?

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:28:23 -0600 Jeffrey.Bohler@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> We have our stories of how we became involved with AMC's.  Well the
> picture
> Eddie sent below of Carl Disalvo is my connection, he is my great
> uncle.
> The location of Affton, Missouri probably is not well know, but it
> is
> located is the south area of St Louis.
>
> Carl started as a salesman at the Nash dealer in the Brentwood area,
> and
> eventually purchased it in the mid to late 50's before moving to
> location
> shown in the picture.  He was a member of the dealer advisory board,
> and
> consistently ranked in the top 15 for dealer volume in the nation.
> Of
> course the dealer existed through the AMC, Renault, Eagle, and
> eventually
> the Chrysler era's, with Jeep always along for the ride.
> Unfortunately,
> the family sold the dealer just last year to the neighboring Dodge
> dealer,
> as Chrysler is wanting them to combine.  Yet as the car market has
> turned
> recently, it seems to have been a good move.
>
> I have a lot of good memeroies of that place.  Thanks for the
> picture
> Eddie.
>
> Jeff Bohler
> St Louis, Mo
> 1970 Javelin, 390 4-speed.

Jock Jocewicz - President/Editor NAMDRA  namdra1@xxxxxxx or
NAMDRA@xxxxxxxx
8537 Antioch Rd., Salem, WI 53168  (262) 843-4326
                 JOIN NAMDRA - the best AMC club around!!
'09 AMC NATIONALS - Sep. 10-12. 2009 - Cordova Dragway Park, Cordova, IL
AMO#19, NAMDRA#46, AMCRC#974, NHRA#41915, IHRA#6766