Re: [Amc-list] a few more dealerships

We have our stories of how we became involved with AMC's.  Well the picture
Eddie sent below of Carl Disalvo is my connection, he is my great uncle.
The location of Affton, Missouri probably is not well know, but it is
located is the south area of St Louis.

Carl started as a salesman at the Nash dealer in the Brentwood area, and
eventually purchased it in the mid to late 50's before moving to location
shown in the picture.  He was a member of the dealer advisory board, and
consistently ranked in the top 15 for dealer volume in the nation.  Of
course the dealer existed through the AMC, Renault, Eagle, and eventually
the Chrysler era's, with Jeep always along for the ride.  Unfortunately,
the family sold the dealer just last year to the neighboring Dodge dealer,
as Chrysler is wanting them to combine.  Yet as the car market has turned
recently, it seems to have been a good move.

I have a lot of good memeroies of that place.  Thanks for the picture
Eddie.

Jeff Bohler
St Louis, Mo
1970 Javelin, 390 4-speed.

Di'Salvo's American in Afton, MO in 1972.

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/DiSalvos_American_Afton_MO.JPG