-------------
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 07:28:48 -0800 (PST)
From: Mike S <amc_rebel_sst@xxxxxxxxx>

Just curious if anyone has put in an entire 2-wheel driveline, engine to rear end in a mid/late 60's American.  From what I've been reading, the 4.0 should drop in, you could probably use the tranny since it's a 2 wd cherokee and the rear end, from what I've been reading is 55 1/4 inches flange to flange and the Americans is 56 1/2 flange to flange.

I understand for the rear you'd have to change the spring perches/mounts because the cherokee  uses coils and the americans use leaf.

I think that this would be an interesting swap if the rears would fit.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"