[Amc-list] Fraud Alert!

Okay, it's not a really big one, but Subject line "Book Review"
wouldn't have gotten your attention, would it?

I'm a pretty voracious reader; lots of subject matter, though
not very much fiction.  But when I bumped into "Nash, Rambler"
by Frank Sennett (2003, Five Star), what, I wasn't going to
pick it up?  There's even a pretty decent rendering on the
cover of a 1961 Classic by one Maria William, though the name
"RAMBLER" has mysteriously been airbrushed from beneath the
grille.

DON'T BE FOOLED!  THERE ARE NO NASHES OR RAMBLERS IN THIS BOOK!

The protagonist's name is Nash.  He's a young journalist who
travels from Chicago to LA (in a BMW - is there no shame?) to
go to work at a paper, and subsequently gets caught up in some
seedy crime-noir antics.  One of his co-workers at the LA paper
tacks "Rambler" onto him as a nickname.  Nash is young.  He
doesn't get the joke.  Killings ensue.  The good guys win.

I'm not calling for a fatwa on the writer, publisher, or even the
cover artist (though she clearly bears the deepest responsibility
for this horrific fraud), but these people should know just how
much their callous disregard for The Truth has hurt people like
us - People Who Care.

Jonathan