----------------
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 08:26:50 -0600
From: Larry Goltry <lgoltry@xxxxxxxxxxx>

All, I've got a '69 Rambler with a 199 CID inline 6 with an Automatic
(Borg-Warner M-36). The starter ring gear is chewed up in a few spots.
According to my research, the starter ring gear is made together with
the torque converter on this model/year. The torque converter with ring
gear is available from Autozone at a hefty price of $177.99 + $90.00
core = $267.99. Hollander's Interchange lists the torque convert in my
Rambler as being interchangeable with a '70 Hornet with the same size
engine. The torque converter for the Hornet is much cheaper: $89.99 +
$27.00 core = $116.99. So, I ordered one. I ass-u-me'd that the torque
converter for the Hornet would come with a ring gear attached. Sill
me.....It did not.

So...do I 1. return the Hornet torque converter and just order the
correct part with a ring gear. or 2. try to bolt on a GM flywheel
(starter ring gear) and see if it works. Any input appreciated.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"