Re: [Amc-list] Choke frozen (literally)

Victor the Cleaner wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 05:30:15PM -0800, Tom Jennings wrote:
>
>> Sounds like the bimetallic motor isn't engaged with the slot (or pin) on
>> the lever... and is just pushing it around and getting stuck. I've seen
>> three methods of bi-metal to linkage:

When it stalls on the street, pop off the choke housing w/o turning. Is
the lever stuck? Did you separately test the bi-metal? Bic lighter works.

Carbs are subtle; loose fits, gravity weights, sometimes parts get too
worn to work right. Sometimes you gotta pull shafts to clean w/gun
brushes, and if they're badly scored, can't really be repaired.