Re: [Amc-list] Choke frozen (literally)

Sounds like the bimetallic motor isn't engaged with the slot (or pin) on
the lever... and is just pushing it around and getting stuck. I've seen
three methods of bi-metal to linkage:

bi-metal bent into a loop on the end, which goes over a finger lever.

bi-metal flat, lives in a slit in the carb's lever.

bimetal has an open hook, and pulls the lever, only.

In the final case, there's a deadweight and/or spring that *very
lightly* pulls the choke open, and the bi-metal pulls it closed.

I'd guess it's one of the first two and it's not engaged.

The real answer of course is to move to Florida!

(ducks to avoid thrown snowballs)