Re: [Amc-list] T14 O/D... How would I know?

Re: [Amc-list] T14 O/D... How would I know?

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" Jesse wrote:
"
" > On the flip side, I will sell the 3 spd o/d to help fund the floor
" > repairs, but how would I know if it was a T14 w/ od?  Any ID cues?
"
" T14 and T96 both have stamped steel, bolt-on top covers. T14, 6 bolts.
" T96, 4 bolts.

on the unlikely chance it's a t86+o/d -- the t86 also has 6 bolts on
the top cover, but the main case is 8" from bellhousing to tailshaft
surface whereas the t14 is 8.7".  btw the t96 is 7".

" ALso if it's not totally caked with crap the passenger side has...
" "T-96" cast in plus model number ID junk.

the t86 probably does also.

" T-14+OD are VERY DESIRABLE to a small but fervent few. Me included. They
" are fairly rare. Non-OD T14's are not rare, but increasingly uncommon. A
" very stout but plain-jane 3-speed, all synchro. Strong, reliable, easy
" to repair.

this is the only full synchro tranny that bolts directly to the '60s
six bellhousing.