Re: [Amc-list] T14 O/D... How would I know?

Sandwich Maker wrote:

> [T14] is the only full synchro tranny that bolts directly to the '60s
> six bellhousing.

Funny thing, after driving this T-96 non-synchro-first car for almost
two years, I don't even notice it.

To get into first at very low speeds, with the trans in N and clutch
out, you "bump" 2nd just enough to push the synchros together, then
clutch and pull to first. Goes right in no grindy-grindy. Same with reverse.

Daily I go over a small, one-lane, very steep hill, and have to
downshift to first. In second, I pull up the hill, starts to lug. Clutch
to N, bump 2, pull to one, in a fraction of a second it's in 1st no crunch.

I don't need no stinkin' synchro first!