Re: [Amc-list] T14 O/D... How would I know?

Jesse wrote:

> On the flip side, I will sell the 3 spd o/d to help fund the floor repairs, but how would I know if it was a T14 w/ od?  Any ID cues?

T14 and T96 both have stamped steel, bolt-on top covers. T14, 6 bolts.
T96, 4 bolts.

ALso if it's not totally caked with crap the passenger side has...
"T-96" cast in plus model number ID junk.

No one loves the T-96, but they are getting harder to find for those of
us who need 'em for replacement/repair parts. Plus they are heavy. That
usually means doom for them. OD versions (solenoid and governor, both
have wires, stick out on each side) more desirable.

T-14+OD are VERY DESIRABLE to a small but fervent few. Me included. They
are fairly rare. Non-OD T14's are not rare, but increasingly uncommon. A
very stout but plain-jane 3-speed, all synchro. Strong, reliable, easy
to repair.

They're all antique parts now, and shouldn't be scrapped, but of course
your reality matters -- storage space, gumption, etc. Its your stuff, do
as you please, but hopefully you can find it a good home.