Re: [Amc-list] Engine height?specs? 65 Convertible?

Re: [Amc-list] Engine height?specs? 65 Convertible?

" From: wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
" Thanks on the trans info.
" I suspect I will probably just follow my "known evil" methodology and
" try for a T5.

definitely the more straightforward.

" Need to figure out for sure if I can get a GM variant Bellhousing or
" if I need to find the specific Jeep bell which I am sure will be
" harder to find!

afaik the amc 4 and gm 2.8 v6 used -exactly-the-same- bellhousings.
the mitchell interchange indicated that either engine could have
either stick, and listed bells only by tranny, not engine.

greg williams [greg55_99@xxxxxxxxx last i knew] is an expert on the
aisin warner sticks and all the engines they can be attached to, and
according to his 'universal 5-speed' write-up the jeep bell does fit
chevy engines, so vice versa should also be true.

that means you could hang an nv540 behind the 2.5, if you wanted a
tranny that almost weighs more than the engine...

nb. the s10, at least, unaccountably went to a ford-pattern t5 the last
2 years it used them, '94-5, so there are 2 different bells there, and
apparently the camaro 3.4 bell [and flywheel] is different again; i've
heard the camaro flywheel will not work for swapping a 3.4 crate engine
for an xj 2.8 - iirc it's too thick.  [i believe an '88-up zero-balance
s10 2.8 flywheel would do the trick].