Re: [Amc-list] Brakes, still not good

Using the floor jack and level to level the MC is a good idea Mark! I was mainly thinking about the older Ramblers, which have almost level MCs. The newer the car the more likely the MC tilts. There's probably a little tilt even to the old cars though, and it would be difficult by yourself, but not impossible. You and Tom both added a lot to my quick post, I'm sure the combined info will come in handy for several people!

-----------
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 21:25:36 +0000
From: wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx

I'd only bench bleed on a car with two things, three actually.
A helper
A level
A floor jack.
Take off the cap, place the level on the top of the master.
Gently jack up the back of the car till the master is level.
Wrap the lines into the reservoir then gently, with your helper slowly bleed the air out.

I suppose you could do it by yourself, but I bet you'd make a mess and you'd never know when those frikkin bubbles stop!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"