Re: [Amc-list] AMX stolen

Re: AMX stolen

I filled the police report so they can put the notice in there system
for stolen cars. As I think the car out of the county and out of the
state that probably the most they can do. I think the car is in La
some place. I'm only about 15 or 20 miles from the California State
line via back road around the southern end of Death Valley that goes
to Baker ,California and I-15 . From there they could taken the car
any where. I was the last person to work on the car on Tuesday I
pulled the driver front caliper off for the 7th time and put on the
RIGHT copper brake hose washer and finally think I stopped the brakes
leaking, but I only bled the one side and I was out of ideas. I was
going to take to the local shop , who car guys I found who fixed the
turn signal about 6 weeks ago and have them check it over an bleed
the brake again. The twin Spal electric fans would were not set up
right and would go thought one cycle and then not run , UNLESS you
had the A/C on except, the A/C did work either. The brakes and the
cooling were the major things I was working the bugs out of and the
major reason the car was setting here. It spent about have it's time
with it nose up in the air because between me and Mike Wilson we
replaced the whole front brakes system twice and couple parts 3
times, just on the brakes. There were few other issues besides the
A/C that were not working right yet ,but the brakes and the cooling
were the big ones, plus I was just starting to mess with the
programing on the fuel injection system. If they took for a joy ride
it may not been that long. The brakes were the big thing. The
cooling  was OK as long as you weren't stuck in traffic. ANY way
notice of the car's theft has gone Vial on the interenet. I sent info
to Old Cars weekly, it's on Hemmings web site too, plus AMCRC and AMO
home pages and spread out form the forums and mail list for which I
thank you all. LRDaum