Re: [Amc-list] Preservation Not Restoration

Re: [Amc-list] Preservation Not Restoration

Since you're not trying to resto it I'd have the windows removed.
Clean it all out good and sandblast away the rust.
Then repairs with durglas and or fiberglas stranded filer.
Needs to be waterproof.
I mention duraglas because I have used it for 30 years and know it is good stuff.

Then paint with the rust encapsulating or other paint of your choice.

I won't speculate on bedliner as I don't know what it will look like on the roof and I fear it would be one mutha to remove should you not like it enough to want it gone!

I also won't speculate on Eastwoods encapsulater other than to say it has been on areas of my conv for going on 3 years now and there is no evidence of any part of it failing in any manner.

I will ask what color of eastwoods that was used?  I have heard the red oxide works better than the black, but again I do not know and my experience has been good.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: "Mr. AMC" <amc74hornet@xxxxxxxxx>