Re: [Amc-list] torque tube manual transmissions?

Re: [Amc-list] torque tube manual transmissions?

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" I get a few minutes a day when sk00l is in... sorry to ask stupid questions.
"
" So what manual transmissions were available in front of torque tube
" AMCs? All I can come up with it T-96 (sixes) and T-86 (I think) behind
" 8's, and those are rare.
"
" Especially the six (early, Nash pattern, pre-72 AMC) was ANY other
" trannie available? Was it just the one, T-96?

there was a h/d fleet option which i'm pretty sure was the t-86,
complete with deep bellhousing.  look 'rare' up in the dictionary and
you'll find their picture.

287s had t-86s; 327s had t-89s and t-10s.